Monday, February 16, 2009

WA5 Wedding Perspective

Ah yes, weddings. These must be my favorite appearances. Crowds gather to hear two young lovers exchange their vows of affection for each other. The countless numbers of people ooo’ing and awe’ing at the sight of my golden beauty. Speaking of big crowds, it’s always a little disappointing to attend weddings with such a small number of witnesses. It would seem that the partners had less faith than most, not inviting more. Of course, they could claim they wanted to have a small wedding, but that’s probably just a cover up for the reduced cost. Also, less people would probably care when there's a divorce.
Some wonder why I shine such a negative light on what most consider such a holy and pure act of two beings joining together. Well, simply because I don’t agree with it. That, and I have witnessed centuries of failed attempts. You’d be amazed at how many people send in their once blessed bands to refineries. Some lack even that since of dignity and just pawn them, and that’s always a pain. Getting sold in the pawning market is always such a hassle.
Now let me continue back on to our immediate topic. Weddings are just such a shameful creation. They seem like an innocent and wonderful idea, but how can one have such hope in humans? How can one expect another to know which partner should take their hand, for the rest of their life? It’d seem to be an incredibly hard task if you ask me. And ponder this for awhile, what if someone does find their perfect match, but only after they wed another? Not only must they let their match go, but they’re scorned upon if they do show their love.

The longer I think about it, the more I just want this wedding to be over, so in the next few months, maybe the next few years, I can be set off into a refinery and casted into another band. Hopefully, it’ll be a Superbowl ring. No one ever wants to get rid of one of those. More likely than not however, I’ll be designed for another wedding. Maybe I’m wrong though. Maybe there is something more than just failed bondings of love. Maybe these “feelings” humans posses are strong enough to trouble through the hardships. What do I know after all, I’m just a ring.

1 comment:

Ms. Wiesner said...

I'd consider focusing your second draft on the ring, but from the perspective of the bride. What does she think about the ring? How does she get it? etc?